I would like to congratulate the Royal Malaysian Navy, especially to KD Mahawangsa and all the crew members for being awarded 5S certification by the Malaysian Productivity Corporation (MPC) yesterday.
KD Mahawangsa has also been recognised as 'The Best Damn Ship in The Navy' last year.
KD Mahawangsa Awarded 5S certification
Lumut Jan, 26 (Bernama)--- The Royal Malaysian Navy’s KD Mahawangsa made history today as the first ship in the country to be awarded 5S Certification by the Malaysian Productivity Corporation (MPC).
What is 5S Certificate?
5S derives from 5 Japanese words that start with the letter S.
· Seiri (sort): Sort out what is needed and what is not needed. When in doubt, throw it out.
· Seiton (straighten): Arrange essential things in order for easy access.
· Seiso (scrub): Keep machines and work areas clean.
· Seiketsu (standardize): Make cleaning and checking a routine practice.
· Shitsuke (sustain): Make the 5S’s a way of life. Requires discipline.
This definition also implies as a Japanese quality improvement philosophy. Thus, it concerns the aspect on the quality of work environment.
With this achivements it is hoped that all the Royal Malaysian Navy personnel will strive for the highest standards of quality in all aspects of serviced contributions.
BZ - Well Done